Creative Services Project Manager
Position Type: Full Time
Hours: 35 hrs/wk
The Creative Services Project Manager is responsible for planning, managing, and collaborating on all print and digital projects on-location at our office in downtown Portsmouth, New Hampshire. This is a technical position that requires a broad understanding of design and strategic thinking for successful collaboration with designers, developers, and strategists. You will work as an integral part of our team and have direct contact with clients, vendors, and external agency partners to help ensure projects run smoothly from start to finish. The variety of work we create is remarkable — there’s little chance you’ll get bored! Since you will work on a wide-range of creative projects, it is preferred that applicants have previous digital and print experience from an in-house or agency setting.
You will be successful at Graphic Details if you have a fascination and thorough understanding of both print and digital design. Perhaps you’ve even been in a design position but have a passion for the information-gathering stage and collaborating with peers to ensure a successful outcome? The Creative Services Project Manager needs to balance the details and the big picture of each project, so successful candidates will have creative problem-solving skills as well as a head for research, numbers, and schedules.
The Graphic Details team is a diverse group of animal advocates, musicians, DIYers, car enthusiasts, crafters, and all-around wizards. Each member of our team is approachable, proactive, and informed and we will expect no less from our Creative Services Project Manager. We are looking for a teammate that will appreciate our culture of on-going learning and consistent training to keep up with the latest trends in our industry.
Graphic Details has been in business in Portsmouth, New Hampshire for over 28 years. Portsmouth is a known hub for creative services. We enjoy being in a community that openly strives to share their experiences in this ever-changing industry.
General Duties Include:
- Participate in client discovery meetings to gain a detailed understanding of each project from the start
- Assemble key team members needed for successful completion of each project
- Write effective creative briefs to accurately inform teams of project scope, details, and objectives
- Monitor workloads, budgets, and protect time for focused creative work
- Attend client meetings to help facilitate web and brand discovery and strategy exercises
- Provide quality assurance through review of print proofs and web deliverables prior to client hand-off
- Present clients with proofs, milestone documents, quotes, and other key project components
- Consistently keep vendors and clients informed about projects as they progress
- Jump into day-to-day business operations and provide thoughtful contributions to our growth strategy by brainstorming new creative ideas for projects and presentations
Technical Skills Required:
- Thorough understanding of web design/development processes
- Ability to analyze UI/UX for consistency in all digital projects
- Knowledge of WordPress Content Management System preferred
- General knowledge of digital marketing services such as social media, SEO, and analytics
- Ability to oversee brand consistency for all print and brand campaign projects
- Thorough understanding of print design fundamentals and print processes
- Strong proofreading skills for quality assurance of all projects
- Strong writing skills, especially as they relate to creative strategy
- Basic understanding of Adobe Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator a plus
- Comfortable working in MAC OS environments
- Train and continue to be knowledgeable on certain software systems: Trello, Teamwork, Slack, Google Office Suite, Microsoft Word and Excel
- Paid vacation and holidays
- Medical and dental insurance
- This is not a telecommuting position but the option is available on an as-needed basis
- Our office is dog-friendly, casual dress, and healthy or not-so-healthy snacks are supplied to fuel your day
To apply, please send resume to Brenda Riddell at email@example.com. No phone calls please.